It’s almost time! Spring and Summer Program Registration is fast approaching 😀 This round of registrations includes our Spring Cooking Programs and Summer Eco Camp Day Camp Programs. So get those barcodes and bookmarks ready, program the coffee pot for 6:45 am on Saturday March 1st and stand by to hit those redial and refresh buttons. For more information about our Eco Camps Click Here or for our Cooking Programs Click Here.
So here we go … Registration Preparation!
The first and most important thing to remember is that Registration for our Eco Camp and Cooking with Veggies Programs starts Saturday, March 1st at 7 am. Alas to get a spot in many of our Eco Camp Weeks you will need to start trying to register right at 7 am on the 1st. Our programs are all eligible for Welcome Policy Recipients … want to know more check out the Welcome Policy Page.
There are a few things you can do to make Registration Day a little easier for you! Here is a list of things to prepare for ahead of time:
- A quick note before we move onto the step-by-step … One of the tips we’ve given out most over the past year is to sign up for all camps first then sign up for any extended care you might need. There will always be enough room in the Eco Camp Extended Care and that can be signed up for later.
- Now start off by finding your City of Toronto FUN Guide Registration Family and Client Numbers. If you can’t find them or you’ve never registered for a City of Toronto Recreation Program call 416-338-4FUN (4386) and the Customer Service Representative can either look them up for you or enter you into the registration database and create them for you.
- Once you are set to register you can print out or write down the barcodes for each program you are interested in. Barcodes for our Cooking Programs Are Here and for our Eco Camp Programs Click Here.
- Bookmark the Registration Information Page where you can launch the Online Registration Site then first thing Saturday (Mar. 1st) morning dial into 416-338-0000 (for touch tone registration) or 416-338-4386 (actual human being) and launch the Online Registration Site. Be prepared to hit redial/refresh at least a few times … but try to keep awake enough to stop redialing/refreshing when you get in! (I’m guessing if you’re signing up for our Sprouts Camp you’re most likely awake at that time anyhow 😉 )
- Once you’re in the system move quickly but not so fast you make mistakes. Also note that the Online Registration Site will eventually timeout if you leave it idle too long.
- Please remember to mark down on your calendar what weeks your camper is attending Eco Camp … we often have a number of last-minute cancellations and are unable to fill the spot even though our wait lists are often quite long! 🙂
- Once registered you will receive a Camper Information Package in the mail sometime late in April or early May. This package contains forms that need to be filled out and sent back before camp starts and a Parent Handbook to give you all the info you need to know about sending your little camper to camp.
- Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have questions 416-392-1329 or kidsgrow at toronto dot ca (spelled out to reduce spam).
A couple other things for your Registration morning checklist:
- Coffee, Tea or hot beverage of choice (for us non-morning folk … put everything out the night before so you can wake up just before 7 with caffeine available 😉 For morning folk … please tell me your secret! How do you do it!?)
- Calendar and/or Datebook – The first week of Camp in 2014 is June 30 to July 4 *(Canada Day is on a Tuesday this year and Eco Camp along with most Recreation Facilities, except pools, are closed)
- Scrap paper, pen/pencil and/or printer for confirmation codes, etc.
- Don’t forget to write it down on the calendar, once registered!
- Having someone else around to cook you breakfast while you wait … certainly can’t hurt 😉
Good Luck Everyone and We Hope To See You At Camp This Summer!