It’s that time of year once again! Time to register for Eco Camp and our Spring Cooking Programs. Below we have all the links and information you need to help you get ready for registration. Also a reminder that our registration day has changed it’s now on WEDNESDAY (at least you have to get up already right!?).
As usual our main tips include start phoning in and refreshing your browser right away at 7:00 am until you get in. Start with your main courses and leave before and after care registration until later (there’s always enough room for all participants in before and after care). Don’t forget the waitlists! A few spaces almost always open up and we always contact people on our waitlists to fill them!
Here are all the barcodes for Eco Camp, Cooking with Veggies programs and our weekday Spring Gardening Program. Click on the lists for a .pdf version. For more information on registering your Eco Camper for camp or any other program see our tips and tricks below or check out the City of Toronto Website.
As for other registration tips and tricks check out our tried and true list below!
REGISTRATION PREPARATION 2019
We’re creeping up on that time of year again! That rush of adrenaline, that setting the coffee machine for 6:45 am, that setting of 10 alarms to make sure you’re up in time, time of year again. That’s right 2019 Eco Camp Registration starts at 7 AM on Wednesday, March 6th. Of course it’s also the time to register for any spring or summer recreation programs that take place in West Toronto/York with the City of Toronto 🙂
Remember registration is open to everyone across Toronto! We break our program registration down by location so our registration staff and computer systems can handle the number of people who want to sign up for all the fun.
So get those fingers ready to hit redial/refresh and register your campers for Eco Camp! You will also find our Caregiver and Tot (4 to 5 years), child (8 to 12 years) and youth (13 to 18 years) Cooking With Veggies Programs. We also offer a weekday Spring Gardening Program for home-schoolers or anyone else able to attend!
For those of you wondering how the City of Toronto’s Recreation Program Registration process actually works here’s a little run-down:
- Each district has it’s own registration start date. For West Toronto/York and Toronto/East York it’s Wednesday, March 6th starting at 7 am (for other district dates click here). Anyone from across the city can register for a program in that district on the start date.
- You have three options for registering for Rec/FUN Guide Programs. Click here for a description and instructions on how to register for City of Toronto Recreation Programs. For our programs we suggest using your phone (416-338-4FUN (4386)) or going online in order to have the greatest chance at registering your camper.
- Our available programming space (especially indoor space) is fairly small so our program size is quite limited. We would love to have hundreds of kids join us for Eco Camp each week but there’s only so much Garden to go around. Also note many other Community and Recreation Centres have issues with space and are unable to hold as many programs as they (and the community) would like.
- If you do miss out on registering your camper for Eco Camp we also offer a free Thursday morning drop-in program throughout July & Aug from 10 am to Noon. So please stop by for a fun filled morning of gardening, singing, nature crafts and games and experience a wee bit of what our programs are all about!
Now that you know the background info, here’s our yearly guide to registering for Summer Camp or any other popular city program. There are a few things you can do to make Registration Day a little easier for you! Here is a list of things to prepare for ahead of time:
- One of the most important tips we can give you is to fully register for all camps/programs first … then at a later time register for any extended care you might need. There will always be enough room in the Eco Camp (and any camp) Extended Care Program for every camper registered so you can sign up for it at any time.
- Start by finding your City of Toronto FUN Guide Registration Family and Client Numbers. If you can’t find them or you’ve never registered for a City of Toronto Recreation Program before please call 416-338-4FUN (4386) and a Customer Service Representative can help you (it’s important to do this ahead of time so you don’t waste time on Wed., March 6th!).
- Once you are set to register you can print out or write down the barcodes for each program you are interested in. See all of our barcodes in the links above. Keep all of your Client/Family numbers and Barcodes together in a safe (but not too “safe” 😀 ) place for registration day
- Bookmark the Program Registration Page where you can launch the Online Registration Site.
- Just before 7 am on Wednesday morning (Mar. 6th) dial into 416-338-4386 and launch the Online Registration Site. This way you can start hitting redial/refresh right at 7am. It will take a few tries … make sure to be awake enough to stop redialing/refreshing when you finally get in!
- Once you’re in the system move quickly but not so fast you make mistakes. Also note that the Online Registration Site will timeout if you leave it alone for too long (and when I say too long … I’m talking less than 5 minutes).
- Please remember to mark on your calendar what weeks your camper is attending Eco Camp … we often have a number of last-minute cancellations and are unable to fill the spot even though our waitlists are quite long!
- Once registered you will receive a Camper Information Package by email or in the mail sometime late in April or early May. This package contains forms that need to be filled out and sent back before camp starts and a Parent Handbook to give you all the info you need to know about sending your Eco Camper to camp. Please fill out the forms and send them back by the date stated on the package!
- Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have questions 416-392-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A couple other things for your Registration morning checklist:
- Coffee, Tea or hot beverage of choice (for us non-morning folk … put everything out the night before so you can wake up just before 7 with caffeine available! For morning folk … please tell me your secret! How do you do it!?)
- Calendar and/or Datebook – The first week of Camp in 2019 is July 2 to 5.
- Scrap paper, pen/pencil and/or printer for confirmation codes, etc.
- Don’t forget to write it down on the calendar, once registered!
- Having someone else around to cook you breakfast while you wait … certainly can’t hurt 😉
Good Luck Everyone and We Hope To See You At Camp This Summer!