It’s time to start thinking about this year’s Spring Programs and Summer Camp registrations! The first day of registration for Spring Programs & Summer Eco Camps is Saturday, March 2nd, 2013. Registration opens at 7 am and many of our camps book up fast. Make sure to be ready with our Summer Camp Barcode cheat sheet and a strong cup of coffee 😉 For Spring Cooking Program information click here.
Our Spring Cooking Program information is available on our Cooking With Veggies page! So here’s a little reminder of last year’s Registration Preparation Post 🙂
Are you ready? It’s that time of year once again! Time to hit the phones/internet/Community Centre and register your child for summer camp programming!
Registration Start Date:
High Park Eco Camps – Saturday, Mar. 2, 2013 starting at 7 am
We know it’s a little nutty trying to phone in or go online at 7 am on a Saturday morning (why is it always Saturday for the West end?!) to register your kids for camp. So we’ve prepared a little checklist for everyone to work from that includes a list of our barcodes and the themes to each week of camp. Hopefully you will now have everything you need for crack of dawn re-dialing and page refreshing.
Just try to keep conscious enough to NOT hit refresh or hang up when you finally get through (I’m pretty sure we’ve all “been there, done that” at one point in time!) 😉
- Coffee, Tea or hot beverage of choice (for us non-morning folk … put everything out the night before so you can wake up just before 7 with caffeine available 😉 For morning folk … please tell me your secret! How do you do it!?)
- Calendar and/or Datebook – The first week of Camp in 2013 is July 2-5 (Canada Day is on a Monday this year and most Recreation Facilities, except pools, are closed)
- Have your Family and Client #’s ready for online registration or touch tone phone registration (speeds things up when talking to a Customer Service Rep. too) … Call 416-338-4FUN (4386) a few days ahead to get your #’s or set up an account if this is your first time registering for a City program (Mon. to Fri. 8:30 am to 4:30 pm)
- Download our handy 2013 Camp Barcodes table for all your Barcode needs! If you print it out please note it’s sized for Legal paper
- Scrap paper, pen/pencil and/or printer for confirmation codes, etc.
- Here’s the link to the registration site. You can browse programs ahead of time and gather what other barcode information you need. The phone # for touch tone registration is 416-338-0000 and follow the voice prompts … to register with a customer service representative call 416-338-4FUN (4386)
- Don’t forget to write it down on the calendar, once registered!
- Having someone else around to cook you breakfast while you wait … can’t hurt either 😀
All of this applies to Spring Program Sign up as well! Good luck with your registrations and we hope to see you this summer at one of our fun nature and garden programs.