We’re so happy to continue our fun filled March Break Eco Camp! For years parents and caregivers had been requesting an Eco Camp program for March Break but alas … with only a picnic shelter for cover … we’ve had to say no.
Fortunately our Children’s Teaching Kitchen is now up and running so we have a beautiful space to keep our campers toasty warm and dry (and store all their stuff ;)). Mind you even with this new indoor space, your camper will be outside exploring nature, hiking, playing games and learning all about High Park. Crafts, story time, songs and cooking with veggies are also part of a great week at Eco Camp.
2017 March Break Eco Camp Registration starts Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 7:00 am.
Program Barcode: 2902245
Location: High Park Children’s Teaching Kitchen
Age: 6 to 10
Date: March 13 to 17th, 2017
Time: 9 am to 4 pm (extended care available, registration required – Before 8-9 am (2902243- $15/week) and After 4-5 pm (2902244- $15/week))
Registration: Call 416-338-4FUN (4386), click here for online registration or head to your nearest Recreation Centre to sign up.
Cost: $190.00 per camper
March Break Eco Camp Reminders:
- Contact Information: Camp Counsellors – 416-676-0725, Camp Office – 416-392-1329 (Keely Forth, Community Recreation Programmer – Environmental) or email@example.com;
- Drop-off and Pick-up at the High Park Children’s Teaching Kitchen (click here for map/directions);
- Campers with Medication – If your child is on medication (to be taken at camp) or carries an epi-pen there are extra medical forms to fill out. You can contact me for he forms or find them on our website under Programs/Eco Camp/Extra forms;
- Eco Camp takes place rain or shine so please dress your camper for the weather, preferably in layers so they can remove a few if they’re playing an active game and add them back if they’re doing something quiet;
- Add a pair of extra socks to their backpack … there will most likely be a puddle or two that makes it over the waterproof line of any boot or shoe;
- Please provide lunch and at least two snacks (a little more for campers in extended care is recommended!). We try to be as environmentally friendly at camp as possible so we ask that you please pack a litterless lunch in reusable containers. We also have composters on site … plus by that time our worms will need more food so apple cores, banana peals and any basic fruit and veggie scraps can be added to the worm composter!
Please refrain from including foods containing peanuts/nuts or any
traces of nuts when packing lunches, as some campers may have
severe allergic reactions to peanuts and other nuts.
- Please send your camper with a full, refillable water bottle. We can refill as needed while they’re at camp;
- It’s still a good idea (even in March) to slather on a little sunscreen on your camper’s face and hands before they go to camp. Send it along so they can reapply at lunch time too;
- Please do not send valuable items, cell phones, electronic games/pets, iPods/MP3 players, trading cards, etc. Basically anything they wouldn’t want to lose or that would be a distraction;
- Late Arrivals/Early Pick-Ups and Absences: Please call/inform Camp Coordinators when your camper will be late, absent or picked up early. It’s important information for the staff and they can then coordinate with you regarding alternative drop off and pick up locations within the park. If your child is being picked up by a person not on your current pick-up list please give the Camp Coordinators written notice ahead of time;
- Late Pick-Up Fee: Parents/Guardians who pick up their child(ren) late will be charged $1 per child for each minute that they are late. Children not registered for the extended care program must be picked-up by 4pm and those registered for the extended care program must be picked-up by 5pm.