For us here at the Children’s Eco Programs the first sign of spring isn’t the longer days or the warmer weather … it’s the opening day for Eco Camp Registrations! 😀 Get those fingers ready to hit the redial/refresh buttons and register your campers for Eco Camp! You will also find our Caregiver and tot (4 to 5 years) and child (6 to 9 years) Cooking With Veggies Programs plus our Edible Cosmetics Workshops for 9-16 year olds open for registration on March 7th.
For our returning Eco Camp Families (especially those that have successfully concord the registration process before!) here are the barcodes and program information for this years Camp and Cooking Programs:
For those of you wondering how the City of Toronto’s Recreation Program Registration process actually works here’s a little run-down:
- Each district has it’s own registration start date. For Etobicoke/York it’s Saturday, March 7th starting at 7 am (for other district dates click here). Anyone from across the city can register for a program in that district on the start date.
- You have six options for registering for Rec/FUN Guide Programs. Click here for a description and instructions on how to register for City of Toronto Recreation Programs. For our programs we suggest using the phone (416-338-4FUN (4386) or touch-tone 416-338-0000) or going online in order to have the greatest chance at registering your camper.
- Our available programming space (especially indoor space) is fairly small so our program size is quite limited. We would love to have hundreds of kids join us for Eco Camp each week but there’s only so much Garden. Also note many other Community and Recreation Centres have issues with space and are unable to hold as many programs as they (and the community) would like.
- If you do miss out on our Eco Camp we offer a free Thursday morning drop-in program throughout July & Aug from 10 am to Noon. So please stop by and experience a bit of what our programs are all about!
- A note about online registration. It can seem impossible to get onto the online registration site on the first day of registration. There is a reason for that … The City of Toronto wants to ensure fair access to programming for all individuals. So there are only a certain number of people allowed to register online at any given time on the first day of registration in each district. This allows people without access to computers (or high speed internet) an equal opportunity to register through the phone. The City of Toronto (including us!) is committed to ensuring accessibility to our programs for all the residents of Toronto.